1) – MEANINGS: Alison Lewis Photography means the business.
THE CLIENT : means you and any nominated assignee’s
LOCATION: means your venue
PHOTOGRAPHER: means Alison Lewis Photography
THE PARTIES: means Alison Lewis Photography, and you THE CLIENT
(2) – ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Alison Lewis Photography and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing, and providing the document is agreed and signed by all the relevant parties.
(3) – RESERVATION: Upon your signature or booking fee payment, Alison Lewis Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make any other reservations for that time and date. Both parties are jointly and severally liable under this contract. For this reason, the booking fee is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the date cancelled for any reason; including acts of fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The reservation deposit is to be paid at the time of signing the contract or at time of confirmed agreed bank transfer if it is not possible to sign at that time, the contract shall be signed as soon as is reasonably practical thereafter. The booking fee is applied towards the contracted photography package. THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the photography package described in the contract is due one week prior to the official date.
(4) – CANCELLATION: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services/ photography outlined in this contract before the event takes place, the booking fee will be forfeited
(5) – PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a consultation before the day in order to finalise the actual shooting times and locations.
(6) – EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. Alison Lewis Photography will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
(7) – CO-OPERATION: The parties agree to positive co-operation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. Alison Lewis Photography is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to co-operate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to Alison Lewis Photography in writing.
(8) – PHOTOGRAPHIC TIME/ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and Alison Lewis Photography agree that positive co-operation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the event start late due to any reason whatsoever, Alison Lewis Photography will not be held liable for any photographs not taken and there is no guarantee that extra time will be permitted by Alison Lewis Photography unless agreed by both parties. Reasonable “give and take” additional time will be provided for.
(9) – DIGITAL NEGATIVES, PRINTS and COPYRIGHTS: The photographs, digital negatives or prints produced by Alison Lewis Photography are protected by Copyright Law (all rights reserved) and may not be reproduced in any manner without Alison’s explicit written permission. Upon final payment by THE CLIENT, limited or agreed copyright ownership of the resulting images will be transferred to THE CLIENT under the following conditions:
- The digital negatives and/or slides and prints are the property of THE CLIENT for personal use and for the purposes of the reproduction and distribution of photographs to friends and relatives.
- THE CLIENT: must obtain written permission from, and compensate Alison Lewis Photography prior to an event where THE CLIENT, THE CLIENT’S friends or relatives publish or sell the photographs for profit.
- MODEL RELEASE:THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants Alison Lewis Photography and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases Alison Lewis Photography and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that Alison Lewis Photography may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in Shopping Centres, Photography Books, Photography Instructional Books, Trade Displays, Studio Display, Television Advertising, Magazine Advertising and any other purpose thought proper by Alison Lewis Photography. THE CLIENT also agrees that after the date images may be used as a “sneak preview” for marketing purposes on social networking sites such as and not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- EXCLUSIVITY/GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY:It is understood that Alison Lewis Photography will act as the sole and exclusive photographer. Because of the fact that flashes from guest’s cameras may ruin shots taken by Alison Lewis Photography, THE CLIENT acknowledges that they are responsible for notifying all of their guests that guest photography is not permitted at any time while the professional photographer is in session. The formal photography time is for the exclusive use of Alison Lewis Photography to capture the essential portraits. Alison Lewis Photography reserves the right to stop any photographic services paid for and leave the function should any other person take photographs with any professional equipment – with the deposit being forfeited.
- GUEST CO-OPERATION:THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and co-operation to the photographer. Co-ordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. THE CLIENT should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there is no conflict in times. In addition, events during the event should be planned to make the best use of time for everyone.
Alison Lewis Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. The client understands that in such event, no refunds will be granted and the Client will be fully liable for all damage caused to equipment, including the cost of repair or (where repair is not reasonably possible) replacement.
- ILLNESS: Of course sometimes due to sickness children do not perform at their best, it is therefore advised to reschedule at no extra cost so as to capture them at their best.
(10) – WEATHER: All location photo shoots are reliant on good weather conditions. Sunshine and showers are fine as photographs can be managed in between times. However every effort will be made to keep up- to- date with weather reports and notify the customer immediately if conditions are too poor for the photo shoot to take place. The photo shoot will then be rescheduled for the next suitable date. There is no extra charge for this.
(11) – PAYMENTS: THE CLIENT agrees that 50% deposit is required at the time of contract (unless otherwise agreed between parties) acceptance and 100% of the remaining balance is due one week prior to THE CLIENTS photo shoot.
(12) – FINAL DELIVERY: Alison Lewis Photography will deliver the framed print and engraved USB Drive in presentation box with the high resolution negatives of all selected printed images as defined within the CLIENT’s chosen package within 2 to 4 weeks.
(13) – METHOD OF REMUNERATION: Payment may be made via Bank Transfer using the Reference Line: please state surname & event date
PROOF OF PAYMENT WILL BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST
(14) – LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies excluding death, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. Alison Lewis Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package.
Alison Lewis Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs either on electronic media (memory cards or hard drives) being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond Alison Lewis Photography’s control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
Where there is a technical failure of equipment, whether camera equipment or media such as memory cards, hard drives, USB media or any other storage device in use at the time of the photography session Alison Lewis Photography shall not be held liable for such failure that is out of Alison Lewis Photography’s control. Reasonable care shall at all times be taken to ensure equipment is maintained, cleaned and in full working order prior to any event taking place, any failure thereafter shall not present any liability on Alison Lewis Photography for loss of images. Alison Lewis Photography carries backup equipment which shall consist of one additional camera body and one lens with ancillary equipment such as batteries.
(15) – NON-GUARANTEE: Alison Lewis Photography shall be granted creative licence and artistic licence in relation to the choice of locations and poses used. Alison Lewis Photography’s judgement on photographic style shall be deemed correct. Due to weather variation, availability and willingness of subjects and variations in locations, Alison Lewis Photography will do their best to honour requested photographs, but do not guarantee any specific picture, background or group arrangement. Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the time, Alison Lewis Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above.
Alison Lewis Photography will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests’ (or any other) flashes; or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of Alison Lewis Photography’s control.
(16) – PERFORMANCE: Alison Lewis Photography shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations under this contract where such failure is a direct or indirect result of any acts of natural disaster, warfare, government laws of regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers and/or any other condition beyond its control.
(17) – SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
(18) – AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and Alison Lewis Photography at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.
(19) – PHOTOGRAPHS/USB ENGRAVED BOXES: Unless otherwise agreed no
images will be provided to the CLIENT unless covered within the chosen package and not until the final payment has been made and confirm clearance of the funds into Alison Lewis Photography’s bank account.
(20) – THIRD PARTY INVOLVEMENT: At all times this service agreement is specifically between THE CLIENTS and Primary Photographer Alison Lewis Photography. No decisions by any third party shall be considered applicable and all final decisions shall lie with the Primary Photographer Alison Lewis Photography. Any monies paid against this service agreement by any third party shall be taken to be paid on behalf of THE CLIENTS and all decisions and discussions regarding this service agreement shall be between THE CLIENT and Primary Photographer Alison Lewis Photography. No discussion shall be entered into with any third party on any basis.
(21) – SEVERABILITY & LIABILITY: The named parties on this contract are both jointly and severally liable under this contract. Where this contract is signed electronically and signed by only one party they shall accept by signing this document that they have the authority and approval of the other party and agree it is done so on the absent parties agreement and are therefore both liable under the terms of this contract.
I have read and understood the terms above. I hereby agree to the terms of this agreement.